Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ameer promises to make a film on the Eelam Tamils


Denmark based Eelam Tamilian K S Durai produces and directs 'Illam Puyal,' whose audio release function took place yesterday at Chennai. The songs were released by Thol Thirumavalavan of Viduthalai Siruthaigal and accepted by Ameer.

Producer R B Chowdry, director Vasanth, actor Shaam and others participated in the function.

Ameer has been drawing media attention by his speeches at film functions and much to the shock of the media, he finished his speech with just one word "Vaazhthukkal." On request from the producer, Ameer spoke again in his usual firebrand fashion.
"For the past few days, news in the media implicating my reprimanding A R Rehman has really upset me. That's why I decided that silence is golden and refrained from speaking," he said.

"More than Tamilians, it is the Eelam Tamils who strive more for the progress of Tamil. When I went for the Berlin Film Festival, many Eelam Tamils would visit me every day. On their repeated requests, one day I went to their sets and only then did I understand their pains and sufferings.

I made up my mind then to make a film that would be imbedded with their pains and sorrows. I will definitely make this come true," said Ameer.

No comments: